Monday, November 10, 2008

Thank you Lord for Cucumbers

So it's at this time that I'll comment on the food portion of this adventure.

The food here is very different from what I'm used to. There is all sorts of odd spices and flavors in anything that is remotely traditional. Many of these tastes are quite delicious to me. Some of them not so much. I eat it all anyway. Many times there is rice with the meal. Often enough there isn't. There is always some kind of vegetable though. I've never liked tomatoes, until now. There is something special about vegetables that I now hold dear. They return me to home. Oh such precious dull flavor they have that they dull so much else. The greatest of these is cucumbers.

On a side note to the main note, I've discovered that mixing foods together is always the best idea. Somehow the whole always tastes better than the parts.

On a side note completely unrelated to this topic, http://mccgloria.blogspot.com/.

1 comment:

Kaihaku said...

Ain't it the truth?

It's strange what passes for comfort food sometimes.