Friday, November 14, 2008

Random thoughts and tidbits.

The first thought I've been pondering is whether I'm way ahead of time or way behind it? They say I'm 11 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time. This means I experience a day 11 hours sooner than everyone back home. Ha ha chumps! I think I'm also like 14 hours ahead of Jon, or something like that. The one problem I've had with this thought process is that I might actually be behind. I didn't learn who our next president was going to be until like 9 am Wednesday morning when everyone back home knew that Tuesday night. I don't know how I feel about all that.

In similar but not the same news, I love how the time difference works out as a crazy sports fan. I have had a chance to watch the updates of several Pacers games online, live. I am a morning person and when they play 7pm games in the states I get to watch them at 6am here. It is marvelous. Especially since they are decent this year. I am amazed at the effect TJ Ford has had on Jeff Foster's scoring abilities. I couldn't figure that one out for the longest time but then I read today that they are running the pick and roll with him. It makes so much more sense now. I guess all I'm trying to say is YAY!

I think I had more to say but I can't remember it right now.

Have a good one!
Phil

4 comments:

Kaihaku said...

The best is sending out tons of e-mails and messages telling everyone what the future is like on new years day while they're still stuck in the past.

Phil Birkey said...

What do you tell them? Hey the future is pretty much like yesterday, only warmer here?

Shelley said...

I like to think of you guys as behind me....:)

Phil Birkey said...

Dhaka is only like 10ft about sea level. Do you feel above me too?