Friday, November 21, 2008

The Players

So I promised my parents that I would do a post on who I'm working with here.

Person #1: Nathan- He is originally from PA but has spent the last several years in NC. He worked for IBM and is now working for MCC doing appropriate technologies. He will also be living in Bogra when we settle into our permanent places. He enjoys long walks on the beach and owns a house.

Person #2: Gloria- She is originally from PA. She just graduated from Eastern University with a Masters in International Development. She will be working in Dhaka for an organization that was originally founded by MCC doing design work. She is an avid badmitton player and loves tea.

Person #3: Jodi- I don't really remember where Jodi is from. I do know she was working in Sri Lanka for the last couple of years. She has now joined us for the next 7 months and will be working up in Bogra. She does something with cows. She plays the oboe and loves cheese.

Person #4: Sarah- Sarah is from Colorado, she graduated from Notre Dame. She is here working in Dhaka. She works with the peace programs MCC runs here. She can do a backhandspring and is a vegetarian. We are currently living with Sarah while we stay in Dhaka.

Person #5: Joyce- Joyce is from Bangladesh. She works as a coordinator/secretary at the MCC office. She lives here with us at Sarah's house on a permanent basis. She enjoys people and places.

Person #6: Various other MCC workers- I'll tell you about them later.

Person #7: The old lady who lives below us. She is from Bangladesh and enjoys trying to speak Bangla to us. Her other hobbies include smiling and opening the entrance gate to our building for people.


Some or all of the information above may or may not be accurate.


This past week I got sick for a couple of days. That put me behind on my Bangla learning which was frustrating but I was already frustrated with that to an extent. It's ok though. I have done quite a bit of reading since I got here. I'll try to think of what else I might say on here later.

No comments: