Friday, November 21, 2008

A commentary on Pop here.

That's right "soda" people, I called it pop.

Since getting here I have had a few chances to partake in this delightful substance. As always my first goal was to find some Mountain Dew because I'm a dork like that. I did succeed in finding it. I was very curious to see how different it tastes here. The surprising thing was that it didn't taste that much different. It mostly just tasted watered down compared to american Mountain Dew. I have decided to not drink it as a result. I have also tried Coke, Sprite, and RC cola. All of which taste much better here. The only difference in the taste is that because they are made with sugar instead of corn syrup they taste sweeter. I think RC cola in particular tastes delicious here and considering I can buy a 500mL bottle for $.30, I think I'll be going with that as my drink of choice. Not that I drink it all that much here. I've now been here almost 3 weeks and am currently sipping on my 3rd bottle.

Speaking of which, it is hard for me to believe that it's been almost 3 weeks already. Thanksgiving is almost there in the states and we have decided to celebrate here too since we are all actually going to be together for an all staff training next weekend. I'm making the rolls if my mother ever actually gets me her recipe. I'm going to trust that she does get it to me in time.

I also remembered where Jodi is from. She is from Archbold, Ohio. I can't believe that I forgot that.

Stay Well,
Phil

No comments: