Saturday, August 29, 2009

The dieing breaths of my camera.

It seems that my camera has decided to stop working. I think that the battery charging system is just dead from dealing with all the power surges here but I'm not 100% sure that's the case. Regardless, I figure that means this is a good time to share some final pictures from said camera since you won't be getting any for awhile.



Mufajil, is our neighbor out in the village. I'm pretty sure I've written about him before but the man is a wonderful guy and a real hard worker.






This is a very typical knife in Bangladesh. You see them everywhere and people walk down the street carrying them all the time. It was weird for me to get used to seeing people nonchalantly carrying one of these or similar looking wicked knives down the street. It just isn't that common in American society for someone to carry a knife in public anymore.






I only put this picture in here because when I saw it, I thought, "Wow, from some angles I really do look a lot like my brother Jon."





Snacks anyone? This is just a picture of a common shop on the side of the road. Complete with tiny bananas that just aren't really all that amazingly tasty. Consider it like a gas station in America. You see them everywhere and each has a slightly different selection even if they are mostly the same.






This is the very last image I captured before my camera stopped working. Lokhon (the guy on the right) is taller than I am. One of my housemates was up on the roof pointing out some work to be done when the roof gave out on him and he fell about 15 feet. He fractured his wrist, had a concussion, and lots of bruises but he was very promptly taken care of as well as prayed for and is doing pretty good. I have never been on the roof and have no intentions of going there, I'm just glad he's ok.



I've still got some more pictures to share but I think maybe I'll wait for another time when I've got nothing to write about to use them. :-)

No comments: