Saturday, September 5, 2009

Salty Love

This past week was spent mostly in Dhaka the capital. I had some business in the office that I needed to get done. As is my luck, as the weekend approached I got sick. I'm pretty sure this on was food poisoning. That's a new one for me. I think it's because I'm an idiot and ate a bunch of dates that I didn't wash first. All I know is that when I spent the better part of 3 hours yacking and feeling miserable in the bathroom, my housemate was there to make me multiple batches of saline water and make sure I stayed hydrated until I felt at least somewhat better. I really appreciate that a lot.

That killed most of the excitement of the week but it didn't stop me from going to a fancy Korean restaurant for supper tonight. It was delicious and a great atmosphere. Maybe next time I'll even work up the courage to try sushi. (didn't figure it would be smart after having just been sick)

1 comment:

amanda + daniel said...

do you guys have royal-D (oral rehydration packets) in bangledesh? its a fruity lifesaver for us here!