Sunday, September 27, 2009

Follow up on thoughts

The following are a list of thoughts I had on vacation:

"Wow, Darjeeling streets have tons of crap on them." (feces not junk)

"There are a lot of people with dread locks here."

"That artwork is kind of kinky and strange...I bet my cousin Ed might like it."

"GOSH, DARN IT!" (Upon reaching the top of yet another hill only to realize it's just a ridge and you get about 50ft of flat ridge to walk on before you climb the next hill which when you reach the top you realize is only a ridge and...)

"Why did I decide to do this? I hate climbing mountains. I'm going to move back to good ole' flat Indiana and never leave again in my life." (My dehydrated, exhausted, hypothermia ravaged self)

"WOW!!!!! This is beautiful enough to be worth the suffering for...maybe I could get used to this if I was just in a little better shape." (the morning sunrise after)

"Darn it, I've been pronouncing 'yak' wrong my entire life, how was I to know that it's pronounced 'yauk'."

"Mmm, bacon sounds good right now."

"Mmm, I could really go for a salad right now." (This one really caught my housemates off guard.)

"Agh! I need music..."

"Does God really have emotions or do we just impose those unconsciously on God?"

"Wow, when I'm by myself, I'm actually pretty lame."

"I wonder if I really can influence everyone around me just by smiling."

"I'd really like to find my sister a gift because she would appreciate that...but she likes things that are pretty and I just don't have much of a clue what that is...what could I find that wouldn't have to be pretty and still be good?"

2 comments:

Steven said...

"Wow, when I'm by myself, I'm actually pretty lame."

I've been telling you that for 24 years now.

Unknown said...

The one about bacon really made my day, lol.