Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mother Teresa

I am currently reading "The Joy In Loving" which is a compilation of comments by Mother Teresa. I don't remember who suggested I give this a read but I would like to thank them. It is an amazing read that I would suggest everyone give a try. These are a few excerpts.

"It is very important for us to realize that love, to be true, hast to hurt. I must be willing to give whatever it takes not to harm other people and, in fact, to do good to them. This requires that I be willing to give until it hurts. Otherwise there is no true love in me and I bring injustice, not peace, to those around me."

"When we have nothing to give, let us give Him that nothingness. Let us all remain as empty as possible, so that God can fill us. Even God cannot fill what is already full. God won't force Himself on us. You are filling the world with the love God has given you."

"The very fact that God has placed a certain soul in our way is a sign that God wants us to do something for him or her. It is not a chance; it has been planned by God. We are bound by conscience to help him or her."

"I do not think I have any special qualities. I don't claim anything for the work. It is His work. I am like a little pencil in His hand, that is all. He does the thinking. He does the writing. The pencil has nothing to do with it. The pencil has only to be allowed to be used."

"Prayer: Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted; to understand rather than be understood; to love rather than be loved, for it is by forgetting self that one finds. It is by forgiving that one is forgiven. It is by dying that one awakens to eternal life. Amen."

"The fruit of silence is prayer;
The fruit of prayer is faith;
The fruit of faith is love;
The fruit of love is service;
The fruit of service is peace.
This is very good business!"

God Bless,
Phil

No comments: