Friday, October 3, 2008

Fear

It seems to me like I've been asked a lot over the past month what scares me the most about my upcoming adventure. The best I can ever come up with is that I'm afraid I'll miss my friends and family too much. When I really think about it though I realize that I don't even fear that.

Have you ever experienced the joy of the Lord? Whenever I think about going to Bangladesh I'm forced to realize that God is in this. That realization alone is enough to fill me with a joy that supersedes any fear I could possibly have.

This has lead me to another thought. For all of you out there who will pray for me at anytime I would like to ask you a favor. Don't pray for my safety. It seems to me that doing so would be like trying to restrain God to our wishes. Instead pray that God use me as is God's will. If God chooses to keep my safe, I'll be happy. If God chooses otherwise, I'll be happy. The joy of the Lord is our strength!

Besides, if Paul can take a few hard knocks for Jesus why can't I? (Que mental image of Paul as a rapper. lol)

God Bless,
Phil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol paul could def be a rapper...