Wednesday, October 12, 2011

TIB

I'm getting flaky with my posting again. I know this is late but I'll squeeze out a few musings for those who do check this occasionally.

This past week I saw a Bengali man wearing what was obviously a women's tank top. If that wasn't amusing enough, he had a big rice gut hanging out the underside of that tank top and was walking 20 small goats down the street in a residential highrise area. TIB (This Is Bangladesh)

I've been in Dhaka the last week or so. I've been working at using buses to move around the city. The last couple of nights, I've hung out with Esther until around 9pm over on her side of the city and then taken the bus back to where I stay. Unfortunately, taking the bus is a time consuming process. If you go at the wrong time (as happened to me several times this week) it takes 1-1.5 hours to cover just under 6 miles. I can literally run that distance in that time. TIB

Last night I took a CNG (basically like a 3 wheeled taxi based off a motorcycle sized engine) home. I often like to talk to the drivers of CNGs while we make the trip across town. I asked him if the national elections scheduled for two years from now will take place? He said, "no." I asked him if the Awami League who is the party currently in power would continue to rule at that time? He said, "no." I asked him if a caretaker government would take over for awhile like happened last time elections were supposed to occur? He said, "no." I asked him if the military would take over for awhile? He said, "yes." TIB

This article: http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=190564
Seriously, read the whole thing, I promise you it is worth it for the laughs that appear throughout. TIB

No comments: