Friday, March 4, 2011

Bangladesh in the Fall?

I've had an interesting experience a couple of times in the last week. I've walked out the front door of my house and just been struck by how much Bangladesh seems like fall back at home right now. I know this is a small window in time before it gets ridiculously hot but these experiences are wonderful. The first time it happened in the morning as I walked out into some cool crisp air. I could just close my eyes and see the combines running in the corn and bean fields in that moment. The funny thing is that the rice patty helps the illusion right now. The recently planted rice adds a smell and feel to the air that makes it feel so much more like home. The other time I experienced this feeling was this afternoon when I left my house at 5. It was the warmth of the sun which you knew would fade with it and the brownish faded green of the grass that did it this time. It reminded me of the slow death of foliage back at home. All this is to say, enjoy the simple pleasures in life everyone. They come and go; you only have them for a moment.

No comments: