Monday, March 14, 2011

Almost forgot...

I almost completely forgot to post this week!

I moved this past week. I now live in town in Jodi's old flat. It is about a 5 minute walk from the office. It is a two bedroom apartment. Unfortunately, it was filthy dirty when I moved in on Thursday so I spent my weekend cleaning it from top to bottom. I've never loved cleaning but I think I realized something this past weekend; I don't hate cleaning like I thought I did. I think I just dislike being told to do it. I treated it like a strategy game and it isn't so bad. I first concentrated on one room which became my "clean room" which nothing could go in unless it was cleaned first. I've now got it down to just my bedroom and the kitchen that need a good cleaning. Unfortunately, I'm heading to Dhaka tomorrow before I'm able to get it done.

Having your own place is a bit of work but I kind of like it. I get to set my own schedule and it is all my responsibility so I don't have anyone else to blame if it doesn't get done. I like a sense of ownership.

This month is also Cricket World Cup! I'm understanding the game more and more with each day and I must say, I think it is way more interesting than baseball. Mainly because every ball is live as compared to baseball in which pitchers spend so much time feeling around the plate trying to tempt the batter to swing. In cricket the batter must defend the wicket from the ball every single time and the catcher will for sure cost his team runs if he misses the ball. The pitcher is also free to throw the ball at the batter whenever he likes. I still agree with Jodi though, the silly hats that the referees wear look stupid. :-)

No comments: