Monday, April 13, 2009

It's new years here...so I thought, "hey, why not post"

I have a bicycle and I'm not sure why this is underlined and blue...Veronika the girls cook and the look I often got from her this past weekend while we were visiting her home in Pirgacha.Rajon, Veronika's son, is making a kite out of newspaper, rice, bamboo, and a piece of string...I challenge you to give it a try. I don't know what is up with the underline thing...from what I understand this sight doesn't even give me the option to underline...ugh, I should have gone with a wordpress site for my blog instead...Have any clue what this is? I'll give you a hint, several of my co-workers thought they grew on trees.The girls being sweet and innocent, meanwhile, Rajon is Rajon...BTW-the goats they are holding are less than a week old and adorable.I don't know this little guy's name but we had a good time together.Evidence of said good time...(I don't know why it's making me do this in bold either)
Lena my co-worker, a rickshaw wala, and myself gliding along a brick road on a hot day...this was actually on a vangari though, not a rickshaw...

Suddenly it's letting me not underline? I don't get this program right now. Whatever though. In the past week I went swimming at the local hotel's pool, spent an evening hanging out at the Korean's apartment, went out for a field visit on the back of a motorcycle, went on another field visit (but took the bus this time), and finished up with another trip to Pirgacha.

The trip to Pirgacha was the highlight. I continue to love my trips to the places where indigenous people live. It was beautiful and peaceful. The people were wonderful and I got sick again. Lol, it wasn't all that bad this time other than when we went on the hike. (I thought I was feeling better but wasn't.) For the most part though, I still got to enjoy myself and spent a fair amount of time just playing with the kids which I always love to do. A group of 4 of us went and stayed from friday until sunday. We attended a couple of services at the local Catholic Mission. They were pretty packed. After having lunch on Sunday, we caught a ride to town so we could catch our bus back to Bogra. We almost missed our bus but got there on time with a little bit of help from some really nice people. I was happy and so I tipped our rickshaw wala a generous amount, which made him really happy too. We got back at a decent time and I was even able to skype my family who were at Steven's house for the day.

I have one more comment about cockroaches before I let that subject go to rest for awhile. Nate jockingly commented last night that he was going to have to send an awkward email to our boss about how I talk to things. He made a reference to Tom Hanks and Castaway. All because I yelled at a cockroach that he wasn't supposed to come into the living room as I smashed him with my sandal. I was kind of in a grumpy mood already last night and that darn cockroach didn't choose a forgiving time to make his move. Also on my bad side is Lena's male rabbit who she claims can't be replaced for awhile. All I know is that he is looking pretty tastey. I would imagine this streak of hostility is brought on by the heat. It has been very hot lately. Yesterday I was out riding motorcycle and realized that even at around 30 mph the wind was barely keeping me cool. I'm to the point were I probably drink close to a gallon of water a day just to keep hydrated. The worst part is that it isn't even humid yet most of the time. I'm sure I'll find a way to survive but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy it. So for everyone back at home who got snow last week, send some this way!

*edit* so it turns out that they aren't blue...and they're all bolded...I'm probably going crazy

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Pineapple!

Phil Birkey said...

way to ruin it for everyone else...at least rot13 your answer next time shelley ;-)

Anonymous said...

Loved the photos! And the fact that you talk to things.

Yes, it's too bad you aren't Wordpress-er. We're definitely better.