Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sadness, Joy, and a day on the Road.

This was a rough week for my Grandmothers. Grandma Reisner passed away this week. Grandma Birkey fell and broke her hip. There is a lot of sadness for me in both those statements but surprisingly a lot of joy as well. Grandma Reisner had been in a nursing home for the past couple of years in a declined state of health. That said, before I left, I figured it was the last time I would see her. I made my peace and accepted it then. More than that though, both of my Grandmothers were and are true women of God. As such, I have this strange trust that no matter what the situation, they will be happy and God will be happy with them. That is the Joy that I find in suffering times.

Today I spent 12 hours in a vehicle. We drove to the India/Bangladesh border to pick up people for a conference that is being held right here in good ole' Bogra. That is what I'll be up this week. I just hope the rest of the days aren't 5:30am-10pm like today was.

Also worth noting: I said "warshroom" today. I thought I had broken myself of that "r" habit but it appears that deep down inside, it is still a part of me. I would like to thank my mother for that. ;-)

1 comment:

Aunt S said...

What wonderful comments about your grandmothers.
Oh, that warshroom thing. You will probably never get rid of it. I'm still trying to after many, many years of trying. They make fun of me up here cause I always put the r in wash. It is a family thing!
love,
Aunt S