Saturday, July 11, 2009

UNLIMITED! and Farewells

So you remember how we had the Korean's over for the 4th of July? Well, they invited us over the very next night and like always they way outdid us on the quality and variety of food. I definitely enjoy Korean food! They had us over because it was our last chance to all be together. Two co-workers headed to the States this past week for vacations and this next week another co-worker will go home for good while one of the Koreans will leave for good too. It's a sad fact of life when living internationally or even in college for that matter, people will finish and go elsewhere.

The next day I went to Dhaka for some business. I got to sit next to a Bengali guy who has lived the past 11 years in Philadelphia on the bus. He is home taking care of some business and gave me a lot of interesting but small updates on what is going on at home. He even bought me a sandwich at the rest stop. lol

The next day I and two of my co-workers went to visit a possible location for an all staff training this fall. As we pulled away from the office for an hour long trip, I asked if they knew what our budget for this training was. My one co-worker, sounding quite sure of herself, responded, "Unlimited." That was one of those moments where you just want to slap your hand to your face and sigh. I'm glad I find those moments funny. We went to the place and found it to be quite a nice situation for our needs. I went back and asked the manager in charge of finances what our actual budget was and he gave me a ball park figure that we should stay in. It looks like we can manage it if we are careful about how we spend our money.

The next day I went to go and try to buy some books from the market. I found one of the books I needed and the man told me the price so I tried to barter down like usual. He went nuts on my in really nice english about how I had the wrong ideas about book merchants and the prices they charge! I thought it was hilarious that he posed such a well thought out argument in such correct english. I ended up paying a little more than I would have originally thought I could bring him down to, but sometimes you have to give credit where credit is due.

Following that the only other major happening of the week was my getting sick. It was just some head cold that gave me a fever, runny nose, sore throat, and terrible headaches. I'm not going to lie though, the thought that it could be what is commonly referred to as, "swine flu" did cross my mind. I looked it up and all my symptoms were indeed swine flu symptoms but I lacked a few key things, like flu.

The rest of this will just be pictures...I haven't posted any in awhile and I'm catching flack from home for it.




Just to Clarify, he isn't actually mad.




My Boss



and this is evidence of child labor...



Montu and me hanging out while I had the beard




What I look like now that I've shaved.

No comments: