Thursday, March 26, 2009

The battle of the bulge...

Over the last month I've been eating a lot of ice cream and pretty much not exercising since it is too hot for Badminton and push-ups now (or at least in my mind it is). I kept looking in the mirror and thinking I was gaining back some of that weight I had lost. That thought was kind of sad because I can't say that I missed it. Then I came to Dhaka yesterday and all the Bengali's at the office were commenting on how I had lost weight. I was so confused but just figured they hadn't really seen me in two months so they just were misjudging. As I'm sure you figured out by now, they weren't. I'm now down to 205 lbs. Apparently, since I stopped doing push-ups I've just transitioned back to a little more fat but have continued to lose weight. I'm still not complaining, it just would have been nice to know this when I was feeling slightly guilty for having ice cream 4 times that one week.

2 comments:

amanda + daniel said...

i say, when its hot-go for the ice cream!

i tried to go running this morning & was chased by a pack of mean dogs-i think exercise is just impossible for us in these climates!

no guilt-eat the ice cream!

Dave Franz said...

it's never too hot for ppush-ups.