Friday, March 13, 2009

Dear World

Dear world,

Nothing is wrong with me. Lol, I have gotten lots of comments from friends and family wondering about my silence lately. Sometimes, I just feel like being quiet and sometimes I just don't feel like responding to emails because of how much time and thought they require. The reason I didn't blog last week has nothing to do with this though. That actually has more to do with being angry and stubborn. You see, I tried posting, but it wouldn't let me. Then the internet died. By the time I got done dealing with all of that it was Monday and I just thought, forget it!

So what's new? I have some more friends. We met a group of Koreans here in Bogra. They are all pretty cool and two of the three of them have joined our worship group. We have also hung out with them a couple of times because like us, they often stay in Bogra on the weekends. The British girls (who we also just met recently) on the other hand don't stay the weekends. As a result we've only hung out with them once. They seem nice enough too.

What have I been up to? I read a very good book called "Two Ears of Corn" which was a tremendous help when thinking about the big picture of my job. It did a great job of giving me a concept of a people centered agriculture development program. I immediately gave it to my boss to read when I got done. Then I had a couple of frustrating days in which I couldn't do the work I wanted to do because the person who I needed to get me access to some stuff was on vacation. Upon his return though I went into a storm of what finally has felt like "real" work. I've been pouring over excel spreadsheets for the past several days. Unfortunately, one very important one wasn't finished, so I set out to finish it so I could continue my work. Also unfortunately, in the process of finishing that spreadsheet I found all sorts of frustrating things about it and the way all the spreadsheets are set up. Let's just say I've never been so annoyed with eggs and bananas in my life. On the whole I felt really good about how that work is going. I even got a chance to use some of the knowledge gained in the one computer programming class I took in college!

So life is pretty good.

No comments: