Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's day

Happy Valentine's day everybody!

I started my day off by sleeping in. Then after some phone calls it was decided that I want to go to the store. So Dave and I grabbed bikes and rode to the store. We found floss! So far that has been an elusive item here. Man this was shaping up to be a good day. After getting some other needs and a few wants we headed back to my place. It was about lunchtime and we needed to head over to Jodi's house. Unfortunately someone else needed the bike I had ridden to the store. Fortunately, Dave is willing to be a little daring, so we rode two people on one bike over. I'm the more experienced rider so I got to take the driver's seat. It actually went well and Dave managed to stifle his horror during the only moment when things almost went terribly wrong. After lunch I got on the computer for awhile and took a nice nap. Then we had a nice candlelight dinner of veggi-burgers. This was because the power went out and we had veggi-burgers because I wanted french fries so I thought the burgers would be a good excuse to have them. Unfortunately, they forgot to make us the french fries. It was ok though, we had ice cream with fruit and Hershey's chocolate syrup for dessert. We then headed up to the conference room and for the second night in a row watched a movie. This time we even managed to have popcorn! Tonight's movie was Dumb and Dumber. What? Were you expecting a group of single ex-pats all living thousands of miles from home to watch a romantic movie on valentine's day? In our defense it does have a little bit of a love theme to it.

Afterward I came down to type this post and listen to last weeks sermon from church. I'm not sure what it is, but it seems like there is just something about these sermon's in 2009 that is different. I don't know what is up with it all but I do know I'm heading to bed tonight feeling loved in a way that I haven't felt in awhile.

No comments: