Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Random thoughts...

So I just remembered that this saves as you go, which in turn means that when I lost that previous post, I didn't really lose all of it. This realization annoys me greatly.

I've been sick the past couple of days. But not really that sick. Just sick enough for it to be life altering. By life altering, I mean that it has adjusted my patterns, not that I've rethought life. I have been thinking about many things pertaining to life though. That is for another post. Basically, I have a bad sore throat. I'm not sure why I always seem to get those when I travel, but I do. I've been trying to limit my speaking for the past several days as a result. That is very difficult when you're trying to learn a language. Basically, it's the most annoying thing that could happen to me right now. The rest of me feels quite fine now but the throat problem persists. It got to the point where it actually hurt to breath for a little while tonight but after some delicious soup and about 3 large mugs of ginger tea, it only hurts to swallow now. I hope against all hope that it is going away. If not I will probably be going to have it diagnosed tomorrow. I'm also hoping to travel to Bogra tomorrow through early Saturday. This could prevent that. Who knows what will happen.

I'll let you know.

Side thought: I'm not sure what brought this into my mind last night but I've been pondering a thought all day long. How would be able to deal with reality if you were both blind and had no sense of feeling? I mean, how could you possibly understand reality? Sure you could hear and smell but how well could you trust those as more than a figment of your imagination. Furthermore, I keep coming back to the concept of space. Unless you develop sonar you're pretty much out of luck. You would have no way to detect your surroundings. This constantly leads me to the idea that you would only know if you walked into a wall by the sound of the thud you make when you do it. (that's actually mildly amusing to me) Also, how would eating work? This is just a silly thought line, but can you understand why it fascinates me? There are no end the possibilities.

I would encourage people to read Amish Grace. It's a good book about the Amish and their concept of forgiveness. It was written as a response to the publicity they received from the Nickle Mines school shooting.

Also, I must admit that it's finally winter here. It has been in the 50's for the past couple of days. I even wore a jacket and socks today.

1 comment:

amanda + daniel said...

hopefully you don't have strep throat! being sick is no fun!