Friday, December 30, 2011

Do you ever?

Do you ever sit back and realize that your life has gotten a bit out of control? I find myself dealing with this lately. I got so busy this past month that I wasn't able to function in a way that I think does who I strive to be justice. I notice this in all areas of my life. Imbalance in my experience is rarely limited to one area of our lives. I've been very functional at most things I've done this past month but my heart and soul weren't truly fully there in my actions and thoughts. Without these being present, life becomes nothing more than a pale shadow of what it might be. I become a pale shadow of who I might be. In response to this, I'm trying to slow down and be the real me again. I guess you could call that my New Year's resolution but it is purely coincidence that it falls at this time and I'm actually starting a few days too early for that to be true.

Do you ever get the desire to do something? Every year, I have a very strong desire to play basketball at two points in the year. At the beginning of college basketball season and during March madness. Hearing me talk about this strong desire, one of my friends bought me a basketball for Christmas. I went out and shot hoops today by myself. Yeah it isn't as cool as doing it in a group but I didn't do it entirely alone. There was a group of teenage Bengali boys using the basketball court as a cricket field. We shared and chit chatted during breaks a bit. In other news, I'm really terrible at shooting now. I shot 100 free throws and only made 42 of them. It is a sad day when I'm unable to hit free throws at a rate better than Shaq used to.

Do you ever go to bed at 9 pm? That's what I'm about to do! Goodnight!

1 comment:

Steven said...

Bring's to mind a quote from the great Ferris Bueller:

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."