Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Reality vs. Perception

Had an interesting conversation with a Bengali coworker this week. They were telling me that when a certain former coworker of ours left they told my Bengali coworker a lie which they believed and it made them despise MCC. Eventually my Bengali coworker over time came to realize that the former coworker had manipulated them and that MCC really is a good organization that wouldn't do the kind of thing they were accused of. They also told me that some of our other workers have perceptions of MCC that are probably wrong because of their limited knowledge of the same situation. For those of you who know me well, you know that I hate miscommunication of this nature. Unfortunately for my tastes, I was also raised by my father to bear in mind when privacy matters due to my position as an employee. It is hard sometimes but you've got to let perceptions be perceptions and hope that reality changes those over time. I mean, one thing I have learned and appreciate about MCC from my time spent with them thus far is how kind they are. I see the organization quietly live out that reality even if you can't always see that on the surface. It takes some time to notice sometimes but it is there if you stick around long enough.

Sorry, this blog post was all about relieving some stress. This has been a week of a lot of thinking and challenges for me. That hasn't stopped it from being a good week, just a week of a lot of thinking...

No comments: