Sunday, September 18, 2011

Balance

I just realized that I didn't post last week. Chalk that one up to having gone to Dhaka and back. I've come back to Bogra and have no intentions to leave again until October. I've done far too much traveling thus far since returning. To be fair, much of that was out of a desire to see Esther which is always there. Unfortunately for her, I really do need to stay in Bogra and rest sometimes. I'm a homebody. I find traveling enjoyable, but I also find it tiring. That may seem odd considering I now live abroad but it is true none-the-less. Some people get antsy after they have been in a place for awhile. They want to move on and do something else. The longer I'm in a place the more comfortable I get there. That also means that I have to be careful of a few things in life. I have to be mindful that settling down isn't always good for you and that change isn't something to fear. Growing comfortable often leads to a softness in oh so many ways. At the same time, change for the sake of change can be foolishness. As the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Maybe that is the ultimate challenge in life; telling the difference between when something is appropriately balanced and when something in our lives is broke. Sometimes, however, it is easy to tell. I was exhausted, so I'm resting in Bogra for the next couple of weeks. Praise the Lord for the easy to tell ones!

No comments: