Sunday, April 3, 2011

Being Busy

I really really like being busy sometimes. This past weekend a friend of Jon and Lindsay who has been in Bangladesh studying Bangla for the last several months took me up on an offer to come visit Bogra. She had been stuck in Dhaka the entire time she stayed here and this was an excuse to see some other parts of Bangladesh. I spent the weekend taking her around the area and just hanging out. Since it was entirely inappropriate for her to stay with me, I made arrangements for her to stay with some Brazilian friends of mine. I ended up having them and Nate over for 2 meals which I prepared. It was generally a great time but I started off the weekend with only 3 hours of sleep since I got in the mood to do housework the night before said friend arrived. I then spent the weekend going strong from roughly 6am to 12pm each day. I shouldn't complain though as what I did during those days was pleasant. I took her out for a couple of motorcycle rides around the countryside and we went on a walk through a few villages only to get ourselves invited into a home. They fed us snacks and she lied to them by telling them I was her older brother which was a good idea since we were out in the middle of nowhere which in general means it would be more scandalous for us to be walking together if we weren't married. In addition to that, when the neighbor lady had her arm and was dragging her towards the next house I could legitimately say that we were going to get us out of the situation (as the older brother she has to listen to me!). ;-) I do feel a bit bad about insulting that little old lady though by not going to her house. I knew if we did though that we were going to get pulled along to every house and I certainly didn't want to do that.

We also spent a fair amount of time hanging out with the Brazilians/Nate. I just like being busy sometimes even if I was mind numbingly tired by 10pm last night. I slept great and long. Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to watch the Butler game in a couple of days...

No comments: