Saturday, November 27, 2010

Property of:

I saw a black ambulance today. I thought that was odd until I read the side. "Property of Bogra Dead Person Collection Society" I'm still wondering why they had to form a society to collect dead people but consider the decision to paint the ambulance black very rational now. Now let's hope no one I know gets a ride in that ambulance.

This should be an interesting week in Bangladesh. The out of office party is calling for a strike on Tuesday. In the days leading up to that, I'll be traveling to a couple of different partner organizations with my boss for meetings. The strike should make for a nice quiet day at the office assuming that I come in early before the strike starts and leave late after it finishes. If it lasts longer than just the scheduled day they have, it might eventually get annoying. I haven't really thought through what I'll be doing the last two days after the strike but I'm sure I'll have plenty enough to do when they arrive.

I've been living "bachelor" for the last week or so. We haven't had our cook here this past week as he was off for holiday and we've been quite lazy. Last night I had mashed potatoes for supper. That might not seem all that odd unless you consider the fact that mashed potatoes were all I had. Tonight, I'm having mashed potatoes yet again. Tomorrow night Kalam will be back and that should mean a good meal. I have been eating fairly good at lunch this week though as I've been having lunch with the staff. This has typically meant that I get rice, dal, fish, some cooked spinach, and cauliflower (the in season vegetable right now). All the basics that your body needs and little more! It really is pretty good though.

Also, I should mention that I was pleasantly surprised at how my pies turned out. They were better than I would ever have imagined. Everyone thought that my cranberry pie was the best they've ever had (no one had ever had cranberry pie before).

In less than two weeks I'll be in India! I just thought I would mention that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Funniest first paragraph ever!