Sunday, October 24, 2010

Physics...a tiny tidbit

I've been meaning to write this post for a long time now but I keep forgetting to do so.

It has been my observation that Bengali people thoroughly understand that objects cannot occupy the same location in time and space. The thing that they also seem to understand that the American culture doesn't put so much focus on, is that objects can occupy the same location mere seconds (or less) apart. This is particularly true of buses. They have a dance worked out and it isn't one I like them to play at high speeds. Also, being that this is Bangladesh that dance ends badly at times. I've been lucky so far.

Another observation about Americans that was pointed out to me this week is that when asked where we are from we say our State rather than saying America. This is probably both because it is a learned thing from traveling within the USA and because there really is a big difference between various regions of the US.

Hope that's enough to tide you over until I have something more interesting to say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you stay "lucky"!!!

Suz said...

So, life in general is slower, but they drive crazy!! :) Be careful out their.... glad you collision was a bike and a boy and not a bike and a bus! Although the boy and his family might have felt differently.