Sunday, June 13, 2010

Prayer Requests

This is a new thing for my blog and I hope to make it something you'll find regularly. My goal is to be a little more connected to those who would like to know what things could use prayer in the lives of those I interact with here. This comes out of being reminded while I was at home that each of us has different gifts and unless we open ourselves up to allowing others to use their gifts, we won't see them.

One thing that could be prayed for is the upcoming Vision and Values Training that a couple of co-workers are partnering with an organization called Food for the Hungry to give to our staff.

I'd also ask for prayers for both MCC's ex-pat workers and many of our ex-pat friends. Many of our workers are finishing up the final month or so of their term with MCC and that means a big transition is coming for them. I also add our friends to that list because it seems like all of them are traveling a lot lately and one in particular is back in the USA right now having hip replacement surgery.

As always, prayers for the people of Bangladesh are appreciated. There are not a lot of crops in the fields right now as harvest just happened this past month but this is storm season and natural disasters that result in a loss of life are a real possibility.

I think I should probably end this with a prayer of thanksgiving. It sounds like all of the MCC staff in Bangladesh fared well while I was gone. One co-worker even celebrated the wedding of his daughter!

No comments: