Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Shameless Plug

Here in MCC we have a project that I like a lot. This project produces handmade natural soap bars. It's called Sacred Mark. The important thing about Sacred Mark isn't that it produces soap. The important thing about Sacred Mark is that it was developed to give women who were forced into prostitution a second chance at life (It reminds me very much of John 8: 1-11). The women who work for Sacred Mark have left behind their old life and are shown that they are a beautiful creation, loved by God. Making soap is more than just a way of life for these women. The crisp clean packaging along with the Sacred Mark signature thumb print seal which adorn every bar are wonderful reminders to me of how much a little cleaning from God can do.

I bring this up because I'm going to be bringing home some of this soap. My reasoning for this is two-fold; I want to support Sacred Mark in any way that I can and to help pay for some of my travels in the states (I figure most people can appreciate that I have no money). If anyone is interested or knows someone else who might be, I'll be doing this on a donation basis (for legal reasons which I have no clue about but someone told me to do). The suggested donation is $5 (buy 2, get 1 free) and I will be giving $2 of that towards Pobitra which is the MCC project which actually prepares the women for the transaction to a new life and a normal workplace.

For the purposes of even more disclosure, that I am aware of, Sacred Mark soap is already being distributed by two businesses in the US. Ten Thousand Village stores and Global Girlfriend (https://www.globalgirlfriend.com/gifts/item.do?itemId=36843&siteId=344). My intent is not to take business from these organizations but rather promote awareness that the soap is there.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I buy a couple to support 2 good causes!