Saturday, April 10, 2010

Even more boring than usual...

I don't have that much to say. Life is back to being its typical boring self this past week or so. I even managed to keep Easter low key because no one was in Bogra with me. The only thing interesting I did on Easter was take a 2.5 hour bike ride. I've got some interesting projects on my plate but they're all in the beginning stages and not really worth discussing yet. I guess it is worth noting that I'll be coming home in just 20 days now. I really should polish off my schedule a bit this next week.

I did start up exercising a bit this past week. I figure I want to be in good enough shape to play some sports while I'm back in the states. I say this only to point out that this is about the worst possible time to take up exercise in Bangladesh. On any given day it is generally in the upper 80's by 7:30 in the morning. By the afternoon it is in the mid-90's. Another thing that doesn't help is that the backup power supply at our house is broken, which means that, on any given day, we don't have electricity from about 6pm till about 9:30 or so. So pretty we pretty much just sit there and sweat for 3 hours in the dark. I've taken to going to bed with a towel over my pillow to soak up the sweat. I've also gone from being able to wear a pair of clothes for most of a week to having to change every day. I still haven't seen rain in Bangladesh in months. We got rained on in Cambodia and Malaysia but it hasn't come within miles of me in Bangladesh. I can't wait until the rain gets here and cools things off a bit.

I also went to Ben's house with Jodi tonight. We've been pestering him for months to have us over to meet his family and he finally got around to it. We're going to visit their neighbor tomorrow night as a result since many invitations come after the first. They seem like a really nice family. They have a small boy like Dave's family did but this one is much better behaved (I don't think he pees in the sink or wears girls clothing at all).

That last one is probably a good place to leave this.

1 comment:

Dave Franz said...

haha... i heard a kid crying and throwing a fit in the store the other day. It sounds exactly like the boy i lived with... i thought i was back in bangladesh.