Saturday, February 13, 2010

Success, frustration, and a desire to go home...

I should start off with the success, everyone likes those. This past week I've been in a flat with a freezer full of Marita Miller's cookies and I managed to not touch them. This was quite the feat for me but I figure it's better for my health (and wallet) if I avoid them. Maybe on future trips I will allow myself to have an occasional cookie but I really need to limit myself.

The frustration stems from why I was in that flat all week long. I'm in Dhaka for what is now the beginning of a third week doing database entry before MCC annual report deadline of February 15th. I've lost count of how many times I have been frustrated or angry at various aspects of this process in the past couple of weeks. I'm hoping we will be done with it all by our deadline but not exactly sure since a lot of my work revolves around when other people get me the information (I'm actually writing this because I'm waiting on people to get me more information)I need to enter and whether they actually get me the information that I need. I'm looking forward to Tuesday at this point because that will mean I can take a break from this task.

Which leads me to the third topic. I want to go home. Some of you may think I'm referring to Indiana with that statement but you are mistaken. I'm ok with being in Bangladesh. I look forward to my pending trip back to America in a couple of months but it's not like I'm counting down the days like my future sister-in-law is counting down the days to her wedding. In all reality, that trip to my Indiana home will require a fair amount of planning in the next couple of months. In the mean time, I'm looking forward to returning to my Bogra home. I've got a basketball rim to put up and friends to visit. It even looks like the Miller family will be coming for a visit this next weekend and I'm super excited for them to come. Like I said though, this all relies on getting done with the task at hand.

No comments: