Sunday, May 6, 2012

Buns and Squirrels

I was reminded the other day that I haven't posted on here in awhile. Part of it was a lack of time but mostly it was a lack of feeling like I had anything interesting to say. Well, I finally came up with something worthwhile to say.

My mother is right. Her homemade hamburger bun recipe is pretty good. I had a chance to try it out yesterday and I was very pleased with the results even if it takes a lot of time to prepare.

I hope you weren't waiting in suspense for me to say something profound after all this time. Those who know me best probably know that I rarely come up with anything profound and when I do, even I can't predict when it is coming. As Mr. Clark used to say, "Even a blind squirrel gets a nut every once in awhile." Today this squirrel is starving yet again.

1 comment:

Andy M said...

Hi Phil, in lieu of anything with real substance, here's a question you can discuss with us as well. So we're back in the US now and I see squirrels and rabbits (and rather plump at that) running around the neighborhoods here. Do you think they'd have a chance of surviving in Bangladesh or would they be dinner? And, what would be the best form of preparation and spices? All I see when I look out the window is free food.