Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Winds

Wow! How has a month slipped by me so fast?

To be fair, 9 out of the 31 days since I last posted were spent in Nepal where I steadfastly refused to pay much attention at all to the internet. I have great pictures to share, but they're on my camera which never seems to be in the same place as my computer these days. Life seems to go by in swirls lately. At the top of the swirls are joys like playing basketball in the rain with the guys, hearing whisps of God's voice, and spending time with the woman I love. Then the next thing I know, I'm thrown right back through the rough and tumble aspects of life here that chew you up and leave you exhausted. If we could watch each others' lives like we watch the play of the wind in trees I think the effects would be much the same. Sometimes on warm gentle sunshiny days, we would feel renewed and relaxed, but on other days, the rush and destruction of that wind would be terrifying to behold. My life lately has been such that I'm never quite sure where I'm at in the swirl at any given time. I just keep on going with the hope that something new and beautiful will spring up with the next twist.

No comments: