Monday, January 30, 2012

Ode to a Mother

Facebook Message #1: "hello?"

I'm thinking to myself, 'awe, my mother misses me.' I should totally  get in touch with her but I'm really incredibly swamped right now as this is the busiest time of the year. Heck, I haven't even had a chance to call my brothers since Christmas.

Facebook Message #2: "Check out WFRN.com under Jim Carter's section. He's in Dhaka right now. I think with Compassion Int."

I'm thinking to myself, 'fair enough that is perfectly relevant.'

Facebook Message #3: "I am home today.Meaning, I am home Friday, which is today."

I'm thinking, 'CRAP!, my goose is cooked, I've got no time to call her like she hopes I'll do...and life is already stressful enough without having to worry about this.'

Facebook Message #4: "So what do you know?"
 
I know that I'm being a terrible son right now and it is bothering you!
Facebook Message #5: "Phillip?"
 
Trembles in fear...or maybe it's from lack of sleep... it is hard to tell the difference.
Moral of the story: I'm a terrible son but I still love my mother. I hope she can forgive me.

Also, I'm a bit paranoid that I can't tell whether I'm loosing my hair or not. The idea of going bald doesn't scare me at all but the idea of not knowing if I am is freaking me out a bit. I know, that is random and totally unrelated to the rest of the story but when have I ever been about sticking to the story.

No comments: