Sunday, March 14, 2010

MIGHTY MOUSE!!!

I finally got to go to the circus this past week. That has nothing to do with the title. It's just a statement of fact. Unfortunately, they did not have the tight rope walking goat. They did have a goat that walked up to a small platform and then turned around on it. Overall, it was worth the less than a dollar that we paid to for a 2.5 hour show but disappointed me because of its lack of use of animals. They had an elephant that kicked a soccer ball and they rolled out some cages with a small bear as well as some sort of cat for about 30 seconds. That was all the animals they ended up having. I'm pretty sure the amateur circus in Peru is better, but I can't say for sure because I've never been to it despite having grown up there.

I'll be going to Cambodia next week. I'll also be playing the Mennonite Game. It turns out that the couple who is coordinating with us to help lead our trip has family who goes to my brother's church. On top of that, the wife's mother is my brother's next door neighbor and her sister is in my brother's Sunday school class. I also have connections to meet up with Keith Graber-Miller who grew up in my home church. It should be a good time, lol. The trip itself is a 1 week retreat for those of us in Bangladesh with MCC. We are going to spend some needed time away from Bangladesh but also see a program that does some similar work. We will also do some things like swimming and probably getting sun burns as well. All this is to say, I don't know if I'll have a post up next week. I've gotten pretty irregular lately anyway so I suppose you won't be too put out.

Finally, what you've all been waiting for. Mighty Mouse. Reason #51 why I love Bangladesh. Because there are so many people here, you often see people who have faces that remind you of people you know back in the U.S. Well this morning on the way to work I saw a man who looked like Mighty Mouse. I was pretty amazed that such a man existed and thankful that I got to witness such a humorous thing. I also saw a man who slightly looked like Gomer Pyle but it wasn't as strong as Mighty Mouse was.

The simple pleasures, you need to cherish them sometimes.

2 comments:

carolincambodia said...

cambodia is a pretty awesome place! you should have came last year before charles left...enjoy your time there!

abbi stern said...

hahah classic. glad you are finding things to smile about!