Monday, January 19, 2009

What goes into a Blog...

I have a few minutes available so I figure I'll write a quick post about the effort and process that goes into this blog. Typically it starts out with living life (I find this to be a key part). Associate the action of living life with some random thoughts or actions and think about them a bit. At this stage I generally have the great idea of blogging about it. Then I think about it some more, (I generally think about how much time it will take too) and then I try some filters. In face to face conversations I don't normally get to use most of these filters because for some reason it seems like God choose not to give me the ability to access them quickly. The first filter has mostly to do with whether I am actually allowed to say it per MCC media rules. Then I tend to think about how appropriate it is. As you can probably tell by now, I have a very loose definition of appropriate. After that I inherently apply the time filter. In general, I'm much to lazy to force myself to sit down and write a blog right away, so I go about life. If I remember it later I write it. This is usually the largest filter for my blog. I forget a lot in life. I think I get that from my mother. Then I take some time and write it. Writing usually takes forever because I can never decide exactly how I want to say it and often get caught up in tangents along the way. If all this fails, I just pick something from someone's life that amuses me and copy it down. I mean, my life is pretty boring. I can't always be talking about me in some random zany way. Sometimes I have to actually put something that has some "meat" to it into the picture so I can keep tricking you into coming back.

That's all I really have time for. I need to go to the grocery store today as well as the Post Office. I should also look into calling Tim Tebow's sister so that I can ask about Super Bowl watching possibilities. My only other choice is an offer from Steven to set his computer camera facing their 13" tv in the corner of the room so that I can watch it without disturbing the guests they are having over to watch the game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I may be able to set the laptop in front of the larger tv, but I'm not going to make any promises. Then you can say you watched the Super Bowl in HD.